Every Company Needs Product
Merchandiser Purpose: Produces supermarket sales by providing point-of-purchase and shelf management services.
As your merchandiser I will:
· Determines call schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
· Maintains customer relationships by visiting with store managers, department managers, and employees; answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
· Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damaged or freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
· Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
· Completes call report by observing display and pricing of competitors' products.
· Helps field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
· Provides information by reporting growth, expansion, or closing of supermarkets in assigned territory.
· Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.